i4-316-Red

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

i4-316-Red

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i4-316-Red (#2267)
Faction: Redoran
Parent claim: TR_4-30-Red (#167)
Claimed by: Jule
Files: TR_i4-316-Red_Jule_1.esp; TR_i4-316-Red_Jule_2.esp; TR_i4-316-Red_Jule_3.esp; TR_i4-316-Red_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp

---

Cave out in the wilderness. Download map 4 to see the correct doormarker angle.

Come up with a good idea for this interior, and it will be granted
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

Shouldn't there be a river in this exterior (4-30)?
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

I'd like to claim this int if this cave remains in the mentioned cell. I thought it could be a small inn, because there is a lack of places where one could rest when traveling through the surrounding cannyons. It would really be a minor shelter for Redoran traders.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

The river was removed, the accurate map or claim files should be your reference.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

And this definitely would not be an inn. It's a cave, it's miles from any road, in the middle of a maze of Ashland valleys. Noone would build here as a permanent dwelling other than outlaws etc.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

I thought you would say that. I just really hated the idea of yet another outlaw hideout.
However, since I would like to contribute to the project in any way possible, I still want to do this cave, even if it must be filled with punks.

So, those valleys are not considered roads?
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

No. In fact, this particular claim is probably the furthest from a road it will be possible to get in all of Morrowind. :P

Doesn't just have to be bandits though. But no-one without a reason to shun society is going to be here.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

Hm... I have another idea, but it would need characters with a certain backstory. I know I won't be placing any characters in the cave, but can I still explain it?
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Sure.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

Tea is important.
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

I was also thinking about a cave with a deep flooded part. There should be a corpse on the bottom of the pool and a woman on the edge of it. The corpse should be loaded with money (but not too much), and it should belong to the late husband of the woman. They wandered through a storm, found the cave, and while he was searching for a torch or food or something like that he fell into the pond and drowned. The pond is too deep for the woman to reach it and get the money, and even if she did, she couldn't get out as it is too steep, while the only other way out is through a flooded hallway. She obviously can't leave without the money, she needs it.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

to respond to your PM, I'd say this should be py_cave. As for how to make a good bandit cave, look at and run through a few vanilla ones for inspiration.

It is indeed low priority, and a perfect claim for a beginner. PMing me is fine to ask questions, thats why I say to do it if you have them when I promote people.

Not going to grant this until I see what you say.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

OK, py_cave, a bandit cave for about 6 of them, so the size of it is going to be medium. Slavepens and an extensive underwater tunnel system. Cluttered accordingly to show that someone's really living there. Some corpses underwater with some nice loot on them, since you'll definitely need some water breathing spells or potions in order to get to them.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

granting, happy modding
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

so no late wife of a drowned noblemer lost in a storm? I liked the story. :(
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I somehow missed that post entirely, anyway, that sounds a bit odd for a cave this far in the middle of the ashlands.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Feriluce
Developer

Post by Feriluce »

Jule's right though. There is 4123412d235`314 bandit caves all over the place. It would be interesting with lost of different and unique kinds of caves (Like the one with the fucked up doors i believe catharsis is doing).
Life is my sacrifice
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Andres is making that cave, and his name is cathartis.

We have many unique caves in all sorts of places, I just think this one is too far off the road to have a quest like that.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Feriluce
Developer

Post by Feriluce »

Yea I can never spell that guys name without having to look it up first..lol
Life is my sacrifice
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

My name is featured a fair amount in this thread D:

Anyway, at least it guarantees my name is never taken on forums :P

Tea is important.
Feriluce
Developer

Post by Feriluce »

Cathartis wrote:My name is featured a fair amount in this thread D:

Anyway, at least it guarantees my name is never taken on forums :P
Hehe, I was too lazy to scroll through the thread.

Whenever I read your name I always think of carthago, thats why I cant remember how its spelled.
Life is my sacrifice
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

There are no working pycave waterspouts, are there?
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

Need an answer to the question above and to the one I'm about to ask now:

I want to add a corpse with a note in here. I've used a corpse_water or something in that manner and I've also created a note, I've placed the note inside the corpse, and I saved my file using TESAME, deleting everything except the note and cell. When I tested it ingame, the note wasn't on the corpse. What am I doing wrong?
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Putting the note in the corpse's inventory edited the corpse. When you cleaned the file you most likely deleted this change to the corpse_water container (Which is good since every instance of that corpse in the gameworld would have contained your unique letter).

Is there anywhere you can put the note in the interior directly?
Otherwise you can make a new container, to be used in your claim only, by changing the ID of the corpse_water, and then saving the container as a new item.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

I figured as much, but I didn't want to add a completely new container just for my claim. And what about the waterspouts?
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

What's the ID of the water spout you wish there was a pycave version of? If it's what I think you mean (the little bubbling water rocks like found in Urshilaku burial caverns) then I used a pycave version of them in my Necrom burial cave int ([url]http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=125342[/url])

Also, totally go ahead with the creating a new container if that's what's required for your idea. Just make sure to follow our naming conventions and everything will be fine.

Tea is important.
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

That bubbling pool is not what I meant. The thing I was thinking of are those small pieces of rock which are sticking out of walls and spitting water, something like the "furn_pycave_spout00" activator found in the CS. This one has some weird purple ring which makes it... well, unusable.
The idea behind the corpse is like this: the slave pen is next to a pool which is connected to a underwater tunnel system. One of the slaves got desperate and tried to make a run for it, and in order to avoid the gate he tried to get around it by diving through the flooded cave system. He thought he could make it, as the part of the cave he wanted to get to isn't that far away, but it turned out he was quite wrong.

I'm uploading my newest WIP so you can get a feeling what I'm talking about, as I get the feeling that I can be quite confusing at times :)

I couldn't get more of it done as I was busy with college, so this isn't nearly done yet, but I hope I'll see your oppinion when I get home in about three days. RIght now, it's RAMMSTEIN TIME :twisted:
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

Jule wrote:That bubbling pool is not what I meant. The thing I was thinking of are those small pieces of rock which are sticking out of walls and spitting water, something like the "furn_pycave_spout00" activator found in the CS. This one has some weird purple ring which makes it... well, unusable.
Yet, that is what everyone uses.
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Isn't the purple ring just to show the trajectory of the water? just stick a pool of water or something under it to catch the water coming out of the spout?

Tea is important.
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

I did use it but the purple ring doesn't disappear ingame.
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

When creating a note for a claim, do I have to post it somewhere so it can be reviewed or will this be done when the finished claim is reviewed?
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

yes here. http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=20749
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

This will be done tomorrow, but I desperately need someone to send me the art files so I can finish my claim. My CS cd is no more since today and I can't create the corpse, the note and the key I need without the necessary files.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

copy an existing corpse with the same model, change the ID, then you have your container.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Jule wrote:This will be done tomorrow, but I desperately need someone to send me the art files so I can finish my claim. My CS cd is no more since today and I can't create the corpse, the note and the key I need without the necessary files.
Morrowind.bsa should have all the necessary files.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Shapeshiftr
Developer

Post by Shapeshiftr »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:copy an existing corpse with the same model, change the ID, then you have your container.
This method doesn't require the CD
Jule wrote:RIght now, it's RAMMSTEIN TIME
Lucky. You're going to be in for one of the greatest pyrotechnic shows of your life. Or, wait. Are you going to a concert, or just listening to them? Still, fun German screamdeathfire band. [/quote]
Stryker: You're the stalker, right?

Live every day as though it were your last, and some day it will be.
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

OK this is almost finished, just need someone to check the note I created and maybe place the slave key somewhere.

BTW, Rammstein is the dog's bollocks!
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

Iz finished.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Submitting.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Seems error free.

Comments Someone might want to playtest this to make sure all of the walkways are fine for a player character to walk across, I don't have the discs to hand at the moment.

Regardless, use the file at the top.

Rating 9/10

Tea is important.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Approving