i4-314-Hla

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

i4-314-Hla

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i4-314-Hla (#2265)
Faction: Hlaalu
Parent claim: TR_4-28-Hla (#165)
Claimed by: Shapeshiftr
Files: TR_i4-314-Hla_Shapeshiftr_1.esp; TR_i4-314-Hla_Shapeshiftr_2.esp; TR_i4-314-Hla_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp

---

Medium sized daedric ruin. Download map 4 to see the angle for the northmarker.

State your daedra of focus in the claiming post.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Shapeshiftr
Developer

Post by Shapeshiftr »

I've never made a daedric ruin before, so this is probably going to be revoked =\ But still, I have to start somewhere?

As far as loot goes, how much is overkill? Like, no shit, no daedric cuirass, but can I include a daedric weapon in some chest?

Depending on which statues are available, either Sheogorath or Boethiah. If I can get a statue for Boethiah, I'll use him. BTW we really need a statue for Hermanaeus Mora. A real intimidating slimeball.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

1st off, CLENCH THOSE TEETH: (this would be more applicable with my old avatar)
[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/CLENCHTHOSETEETH.gif[/img]
Wtf man, I'm going to delete your avatar the next time you make a defeatist post like that. Kamina would not make a post like that.

Don't claim something if you think it will be revoked. If you don't think you can do it, practice and get better before claiming. I frankly don't think anyone currently promoted for interior modding should have any trouble with any type of basic int such as this. If you don't believe in yourself, then believe in me who believes in you.

As for loot, I think a weapon would be fine, though putting it in a chest disguises the fact that some of our new daedric weapons look really cool.

As for a statue, use one of the anticipations, or the four corners. No other statues should be present in MW.

for this reason, our hermy statue, and we do have one, is largely useless.

Now post saying that you think you can complete this interior in a satisfactory manner, or say you don't want it anymore. The appropriate button will then be pressed.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Shapeshiftr
Developer

Post by Shapeshiftr »

LISTEN, SIMON! BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!

No matter what it takes, no matter how many times I may want to quit, I will succeed. I will pierce the heavens with [Thrig's] drill! I am unstoppable in my Constructionsetlagann!

What are you waiting for, granting this fucking claim already!
Stryker: You're the stalker, right?

Live every day as though it were your last, and some day it will be.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Thats more like it!

GRANT!

Also, its your drill*, not mine. I've given you my encouragement, you must use your own skill.

Drill here meaning modding
Shapeshiftr
Developer

Post by Shapeshiftr »

Question - Does is have to fit the exterior? Sounds like a dumb question, but there's not much exterior to fit into, as it's mostly ruined. I've also noticed in places such as Bal Ur that the two doors don't fit logically.

Well, if your drill is taken, then I'll just have to use my katana.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

just extend it into the hillside, or below ground.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Shapeshiftr
Developer

Post by Shapeshiftr »

Finished the shell and some minor detail.

Is this too big for a med-sized daedric ruin?

[url=http://img156.imageshack.us/i/dae314.png/][img]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9713/dae314.th.png[/img][/url]

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I actually think that might be a bit small
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Yeah to me that looks like a pretty small ruin.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Shapeshiftr
Developer

Post by Shapeshiftr »

Added a small right wing that includes a staircase leading up to a second floor and a small shrine which will (hopefully) be more dangerous, and will have better loot. I really wish there was an in_dae_room_cornerd_01. It gave me so much shit trying to put an entrance in the corner. Eventually, I just ended up making everything more tortuous. Also, I bumped up the entrance 2 floors (now the shrine is 4 floors down) so that it all makes sense. There's a path leading from the door to the second floor, though things don't line up exactly, so I put a load door in to connect the gap. I ended doing the same for the right wing path to the second floor, as the head of the statue was a bit off center from the second floor gap.

By making it bigger did I a. make it just look shittier, b. make it too big, or c. all of the above?

I'm also attaching the WIP .esp in case the screenie is shit.

[url=http://img90.imageshack.us/i/dae3142.png/][img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/9956/dae3142.png[/img][/url]
Attachments
TR_i4-314.esp
WIP shell with minimal cluttering.
(8.1 KiB) Downloaded 43 times

Shapeshiftr
Developer

Post by Shapeshiftr »

[url=http://img707.imageshack.us/i/dae3142.png/][img]http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/9956/dae3142.th.png[/img][/url]

NOT HUGE, not small, But Medium.

EDIT: just found the forum thumbnail code. I was wondering why my pictures were so much bigger than my first one...

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

your size now seems good
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Shapeshiftr
Developer

Post by Shapeshiftr »

Done. Wasn't too hard :D

Reviewer Note: Things I Know About And Are Purposeful-

1. The platform in the small shrine is "bleeding". It's a ruin, after all.

2. One diamond is sitting in a pile of bonemeal, and the other is stabbed into the daedra heart. This is for some necromantic ritual.

3. Light - while it looks crazy dark in the CS, different ingame, and you can see well enough so that it disguises loot, while being navigatable. Especially with a lantern.

4. Rubble bleeds together in some places - again, a RUIN.

5. Style mixing - Unfortunately, Daedric worshippers don't have the luxury of choosing which furniture set they're going to use.

6. Sack bleeds - It's a sack. No shit.

7. Brick on stair bleeds - See "Ruin" above.

NPC Note: put some strong-ass daedra in the small shrine - we don't want any newbs getting that daedric weapon. Also, there's some good loot in here, so make it really dangerous and shit.

With that all being said, to review!

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

not going to send this to review because being told there was style mixing I decided to give this a preliminary review.

your brick on the stairs would not have come to rest there. Either sink it more or figure out where it would have ended up at the bottom of the stairs.
that many candles close together looks horrible, turn off bright lights and see for yourself
Loot overall is a bit rich, you've already got a daedric weapon, you don't need a random ebony weapon as well
on that note, hide the trident better.
also, is it really that hard to just switch out your de lights for com? Just do that please.
the one sack I saw on this brief skim did NOT in fact bleed, fix that.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Shapeshiftr
Developer

Post by Shapeshiftr »

Can't think of an intelligent comment this early in the morning. THAT sack was an error, didn't notice that. It was another one, also a stupid comment, because sacks are supposed to bleed.

And yes, I would be hard to replace all the de_ lights with com_ lights, as there's no com_ red lamp. So I didn't fix that.

You're right about the over-lootyness. Replaced that ebody chest and made daedric weapon A. less valuable (daedric fang instead of trident) and B. only accessible by levitation.

I see what you were saying about the candles, but in my opinion didn't look amazingly bad. It was for a daedric/necromantic ritual. I dunno.

Fixed, post. Smaller file.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

submitting to review
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: -misc skull with carryable candle sticking out the top (both these items can be picked up, causing weird logic-breaks)
-the entry door had gone seriously astray o.O
-a few minor bleeders and floaters
-not sure those bedrolls should have been sunk into the floor like that
-you didn't use the Daedra you stated you'd use! (This isn't really an error, just I like consistence, and Boethiah is more awesome than Molag Bal anyway)

Comments s'allright

Rating 7/10
Attachments
TR_i4-314-Hla_Shapeshiftr_2.esp
(12.28 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Approving.